If you haven’t heard yet, Instagram quietly released some pretty epic news – anyone and everyone can now apply to get verified on Instagram. Yes, you heard me right, that means YOU! If you've always wanted that infamous blue checkmark next to your name, be sure to follow this simple step-by-step process.
There are countless stories of people spending thousands upon thousands of dollars to get an underground blue check mark…and many of those stories end with the person getting scammed by someone who doesn’t actually have an “in” with Instagram. That was never something I even wanted to consider attempting.
I’ve spent years building my account – @thefivefoottraveler – hoping that someday someone from Instagram would see my content and think “oh hey, she has a pretty cool travel account” and give me a blue checkmark. While I always knew it was pretty unrealistic, a girl can dream…right?
But today, I was sitting on a bus going from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, Cambodia when my friend – @selcouth_vagary (the photographer who shot the above photo) – shared the news: Instagram has officially made it easy to request verification for your own beautiful, blue badge. No more loopholes needed.
That bus ride sure got exciting quickly, as I immediately opened the app to request verification in Instagram.
Here’s how to get officially Verified on Instagram…
1. Open Instagram, go to your profile, and click the three lines in the upper right corner.
2. After clicking the three lines, you’ll see “Insights,” “Saved,” “Discover People,” at the top and “Settings” all the way at the bottom. Click “Settings.”
3. Scroll to the “Account” section and at the very bottom (under “Language”) you will see… “Request Verification.” Click that button to see just how easy it is to request verification for Instagram’s blue badge.
4. Under your username, enter your full name.
5. Choose File and attach a photo of your ID – this can be a personal ID with your full name and date of birth, or it can be an official business document (ie. your business Articles of Incorporation). This is necessary for Instagram to review your request.
6. Once attached, you will see “A file has been selected.”
7. SUBMIT! All that’s left to do is press the “Send” button. It takes a few moments for it to actually submit, so don’t worry there.
8. Sit and Wait. There’s no telling if and when Instagram will verify your account (or mine!). After pressing send, you will receive a confirmation page that looks like this…
You are on your way to being Verified on Instagram!
Now, let’s see just how much Instagram wants to test our patience, and who they will actually end up accepting into their elite blue badge club.
Leave a comment below if you’re just as excited to apply to be verified on Instagram as I was!
In the meantime, if you're interested in learning how to organically grow your Instagram account, please watch my FREE Masterclass: “3 Secrets To Double Your Instagram Following, Without Spending All Day On Your Phone!”
You can view it here >>> https://www.thefivefoottraveler.com/ig-masterclass
I did it! I’ll let you know if I get the badge.
I did it too! However, the disclaimer is that it’s for a notable celebrity or public figure. We’ll see. and chin up!
I thought it was only available for account that reach more thousand followers, not all of users
1. Did instagram notify you of their decision yet? if so, how long does it take?
2. When you go to the submit verification screen again after you’ve already submitted an application, does it look any different? Mine still shows that I can submit another application, so i wonder if it even worked.