I went on a vacation, or rather a staycation… a 12 minute walk from our home. It sounds silly, I know, but it was just what we needed! It goes without saying that 2020 has been a year (am I right?), and we’ve all had to get a bit more creative when it comes to pampering ourselves safely. I haven’t been on an airplane, or to an international destination, in 8 months – a decade-long record – and I wanted to find a way to embrace local getaways. Since I’m based in southwest Florida, I was wondering where to stay in Naples that would be an “escape” from this crazy world in which we live in. Cue The Inn on Fifth, located in the heart of 5th Ave Naples, Florida.
Staycationing at the Inn on Fifth – 5th Ave Naples, Florida
Where to Stay in Naples
The Inn on Fifth is a perfect combination of modern elegance and laid-back ambience split between two buildings: the Inn on Fifth hotel and the Club Level Suites. The reason for this is that the Club Level guests have their own private entrance and check-in with concierge in the Club Level lounge.
Check-in and concierge for the Club Level Suites – Inn on Fifth, Naples
Before I continue, I just want to applaud the Inn on Fifth for the measures they put in place to ensure that each guest feels safe in the midst of a pandemic. There’s hand sanitizer everywhere, they suggest mask-wearing in all public places when around others, and there’s plenty of space to socially distance. I loved that no matter where I went on property, hand sanitizer was within arm’s reach. That said, everything went seamlessly from check-in to check-out.
The Inn on Fifth and Club Level Suites offers complimentary self-parking and valet service, so despite living so close, we drove over and used the valet service. As we were Club Level guests, valet escorted us into our private entrance and up to the concierge. Within minutes we were shown to our beautiful 620 sq ft Club Level King Supreme Suite.
Upon entering we were blown away by the contemporary, chic layout of our room. With a king-sized bed, living room, dining table, bathroom with double sinks, a glass shower, and separate tub, we knew that we’d enjoy every bit of our room. Add in two large flat screen TVs and a large patio with plush furniture, and we knew that we made the right choice for our staycation! Our suite felt like a home away from home, which is exactly what we were seeking.
Club Level King Supreme Suite – The Inn on Fifth, Naples
Also, it’s worth noting that if your schedule won’t allow a staycation, the Inn on Fifth and Club Level Suites are absolutely perfect for a workcation too! We visited during the week and there’s ample work space. Whether we wanted to work from the table in our suite, the patio, the club lounge, or the boardroom, the options were plentiful! As Club Level guests, we were provided with complimentary refreshments (espresso, cappuccino, tea, etc.) and snacks throughout the day to help us power through our meetings. The high-speed WiFi is certainly strong enough to handle multiple video calls as well.
Airport Closest to Naples Florida
For you Floridians looking for an epic staycation, I couldn’t recommend the Inn on Fifth more highly. While I believe that roadtripping is the best and safest way to travel these days – and, quite frankly, always – if you’re not up for the drive, the airport closest to Naples, Florida is the Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW), located in Fort Myers. It serves the Naples, Marco Islands, and Everglades region and is about 35 minutes north of the Inn on Fifth and quite an easy drive. I would recommend grabbing an Uber to take you to the hotel, as once you’re there, you won’t need to leave! For those of you who can, there is another airport near Naples, Florida – Naples Airport – just scant minutes from the Inn on Fifth. This airport does not serve commercial flights, but rather private planes and domestic charters.
Things To Do During Your Staycation At The Inn on Fifth [Naples, Florida]
1. Enjoy your room! Whether you’re a guest of the Inn on Fifth or staying in the Club Level Suites, your room will be incredibly spacious and comfortable! I hate the idea that some people are so busy that they don’t even get to enjoy their room. Whenever I travel, I always make sure to factor in enough downtime to just relax in bed and highly recommend that you do too!
Comfy living room in our Club Level Suite at the Inn on Fifth
2. Have breakfast on your balcony: There’s nothing like starting your day with a bit of sunshine! Every room at the Inn on Fifth has a balcony, making it the perfect spot to have your morning coffee or breakfast. Daily complimentary continental breakfast is available to all Club Level guests and, due to the pandemic, will be brought to you room-service-style!
The Inn on Fifth room views – 5th Ave Naples
3. Walk to the beach: Just a ten minute stroll down 5th Ave and you’ll find yourself on the beautiful Naples Beach! Spend some time soaking up the sun while listening to the waves crash, and see the beauty of Florida’s gulf coast firsthand. If you don’t feel like walking, the Inn on Fifth offers complimentary Valet service for its Club Level guests to and from the beach, and they’ll even provide you with chairs and an umbrella. Don’t forget your sunscreen!
A quick walk down 5th Ave leads you here – Naples, Florida
4. Hang by the pool: Not a big fan of the sand? The Inn on Fifth has a fantastic pool area, filled with plenty of chaise-lounges and umbrellas, high tops and, of course, a bar. You can also order lunch and dinner by the pool, served by the Ocean Prime restaurant downstairs – so you know that your food will be simply delectable. I’d suggest checking out their jalapeño margarita, shrimp quesadillas, and sushi options. And, do note, their salads are big enough for two!
An oasis in the heart of 5th Ave Naples, Florida
5. Valet to Third Street South: If you’re a Club Level guest, you have access to valet to bring you around downtown Naples – talk about convenience! Third Street South is like 5th Ave’s little sister. It’s the heart of old Naples, quite colorful, and filled with great shops and cafés. It’s about a 20 minute walk from the Inn on Fifth if you don’t have access to valet or a rental car.
Plenty of things to do and see on Third Street South!
6. Shop on 5th Ave: That said, nothing beats 5th Ave! Naples is quiet but lively, and you can find just about anything you want or need when you shop on 5th Ave! I personally love some of the mom & pop shops, and the homemade gelato.
Shopping on 5th Ave – Naples, Florida
7. Get a Massage: Tired from a long day… or from 2020 in general? Treat yourself at the Spa on Fifth! While you can find the Spa on Fifth within the Inn on Fifth, they actually treat guests and the public alike. They’re currently taking great measures to ensure that no appointments overlap so that people have the changing room to themselves. We had a 60 minute couples massage, and it was simply marvelous! Carla and Karen couldn’t have been more fantastic, and it was nice to have my first proper massage of 2020!
The Spa on Fifth is the perfect place to unwind – Naples, Florida
8. Enjoy sunset from the Club Level Deck: One of the great perks of booking a Club Level Suite is having access to evening hors d'oeuvres and top shelf liquor. Now, add in the private rooftop from which you can eat and drink while watching sunset and you’ve got yourself a deal! Equipped with a 24 hour hot tub, couches, chairs, and tables, the Club Level Deck is private for Club Level guests only. It’s beautifully green in the midst of a city, and the perfect spot to watch sunset.
What a view from the Club Level private deck!
9. Eat: A big part of being on vacation is where you eat and the quality of the food you’re being served. Being situated on 5th Ave in Naples couldn’t be a more ideal location for the inner foodie in you, as you have access to just about any type of cuisine you might be craving. If you’re a Club Level guest, you’ll have access to hors d’oeuvres and premium alcohol each evening too.
Evening hors d'oeuvres and rosé bubbly at sunset – Inn on Fifth
Restaurants on Fifth Ave
At the time of writing, 5th Ave Naples has 36 different restaurants, bars, eateries, and bakeries. The restaurants on Fifth Ave also happen to have unbelievable happy hour specials, with certain restaurants offering 50% off their entire menu until 6pm! We’ve eaten at many of the spots on the Ave, but the restaurant that really stood out was Ocean Prime. Ocean Prime is adjacent to the Inn on Fifth, and our meal blew us away. The restaurant is absolutely packed and, according to our bartender, it’s the place to “see and be seen.” If you’re going for happy hour, it’s from 4pm-6pm and we were told to arrive early to ensure a spot. Due to its popularity, I highly recommend making your dining room reservation well in advance.
With an array restaurants on Fifth Ave, we chose to eat at Ocean Prime
Our evening started at the bar, which conveniently had plexiglass dividers between parties. You should definitely order the “Berries & Bubbles” cocktail, as it’s not only delicious, but uniquely served.
See what the dry ice does to the Berries & Bubbles cocktail?
Once at our table, we ordered the Point Judith Calamari with Sweet Chili Sauce for an appetizer, followed by Chilean Sea Bass with Champagne Truffle Sauce and Teriyaki Salmon with Shiitake Sticky Rice as entrees. The seafood was perfectly cooked and filled with flavor – definitely recommended!
Pictured: Chilean Sea Bass at Ocean Prime – Naples, Florida
For dessert we ordered the Ten Layer Carrot Cake with the Salty Caramel dessert cocktail, and the carrot cake couldn’t have been more massive! We were so stuffed from our meal that we had to take most of it back with us… and it took us two (delicious) days to finish. It was, hands down, one of the best desserts I’ve had.
The restaurants on Fifth Ave simply don't disappoint! Ocean Prime, Naples
We’ll certainly be making Ocean Prime one of our new go-to spots, and it couldn’t be a more classy restaurant to be attached to the Inn on Fifth.
Naples FL on Map
Now that you’ve discovered the best things to do during your staycation at the Inn on Fifth, check out Naples, FL on a map. 5th Ave Naples is full of bustling restaurants and shops, and below you will find the Inn on Fifth located in the heart of it all.